HKW Announces Add-on Acquisition by GCR, Inc.
INDIANAPOLIS, IN – February 13, 2019 – GCR, Inc. (“GCR”), a portfolio company of HKW, Inc. has announced the acquisition of certain assets of STR.GRANTS, LLC (“STR”) on February 11, 2019. STR, headquartered in Fairfax, VA, was founded in 1985 and is a software development business that provides software and services for grants management and disaster recovery programs.
eGrants Plus is STR’s end to end grants management platform for both grantees and grantors, with applications across a wide variety of government departments. eGrants is derived from eGrants Plus,and is a software solution for distribution of HUD Community Development Block Grants (“CDBG”) in response to natural disasters. eGrants was custom built for disaster recovery applications in Louisiana and Mississippi in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, and also used by the state of New Jersey in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
Dan Cox, CEO of GCR, stated “STR’s solutions will further expand GCR’s technology offering in the Grants Management sector. Combining STR and MB3 (previous acquisition) with GCR’s recovery and resilience consulting services provides our disaster recovery clients a complete solution for program administration, oversight, compliance, and closeout”
Mike Foisy, HKW’s Lead Operations Partner and Chairman of GCR’s Board of Directors,stated “The acquisition of STR enhances GCR’s suite of solutions that helps state and local governments become more efficient and in this case, with Grants Management, facilitating the distribution of disaster recovery dollars to help people and organizations in time of need.
About GCR Inc
GCR is an international professional services firm based in New Orleans, LA. Since 1979, GCR has been partnering with government and commercial clients to deliver consulting services and technology solutions in aviation, elections, urban and transportation planning, energy, public safety and disaster recovery. For further information on GCR, please visit https://gcrincorporated.com/.
HKW is a private equity firm founded in 1903 with offices in Indianapolis and New York. Since 1982, HKW has sponsored 60 platform transactions of lower middle-market companies throughout North America, as well as 63 add-on acquisitions. For more information on HKW, please visit https://www.hkwinc.com.
HKW has announced numerous acquisitions over the last 14 months.
- GCR, a provider of professional services and software products to public sector clients; GCR has acquired two add-ons, MB3 and STR.
- Indigo Wild, a manufacturer and distributor of bath, skin, home, and cleaning products, including the popular Zum product line.
- Urban Armor Gear (UAG), a designer and manufacturer of branded, patented, and rugged protective cases for mobile phones, laptops, and tablets.
- Fresh Direct Produce, a distributor of fresh, ethnic, tropical, organic, and specialty produce to the Western Canadian market.
During this same time frame, HKW has sold several companies.
- Health Resources, a provider of dental benefit programs.
- Specialized Desanders, a provider of engineered de-sanding solutions to high-pressure oil and gas wells.
- ProAct Services, a company specializing in mobile air and water treatment solutions customized to meet the compliance of specific environmental issues.